Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
The earthquake of 6 February 2023 caused terrible destruction and thousands of deaths in Syria and Turkey. We are in contact with our partners in both countries to organise help for the survivors.
- Through our partners, we are already active in Gaziantep, Antakya and Diyarbakir.
- We distribute blankets, hygiene items and food
- A shower truck with toilets has been set up
- A mobile bakery supplies people with bread Our partner is helping with the rescue of buried residents
- From Damascus and Amman, two convoys will travel to the northern regions around Aleppo to supply the needy there with relief supplies
- Mattresses, blankets, petrol, heating stoves and medicine will be brought there
At the moment we are not collecting relief supplies in Germany, but are getting them locally through our partners. It is very difficult and takes a long time to transport relief goods to the affected areas. Therefore, monetary donations are still the most efficient way to help. Please indicate the purpose »disaster relief« in every transfer. This way, we are not tied to one country, but can use the money in the country where it is needed.